Tuesday, March 17, 2009

This is Chase...




Just thought I would add this picture of our 'late' cat...Chase. Chase was adopted from a local SPCA...she was all of 7 ounces when we brought her to the Vet...literally she would have fit in your pocket. Chase was all fluff and spunk. Insane as this may sound but I was afraid of her at first...I carried her home inside two laundry baskets tied together on the front seat of my car. I don't have to tell you I was afraid of animals at the time...she certainly did help me along the way...at least with cats anyway (at another time I will tell you about other pets we have had.)

This was her first time venturing outside the house (note the leash) and I was afraid she might leave and get lost.

Not long after this she made her own rules for playing outside...and claimed the garden as her own.

After Chase died...my sister Jean, who was like a mother to Chase (I know Chase felt that way too) wrapped her in a cotton pillowcase...my brother dug a whole about 4' deep...she was placed in the dirt and I then replanted a large hosta as her marker. We also put a piece of slate and placed her water dish atop. To this day she is a part of the garden and rewarding the hosta that protects her from inquisitive little creatures.

I have no idea why people think they have to go to a pet store...there are so many creatures homeless. One only has to visit their local SPCA or tell a few people they're looking for a pet...trust me within days someone will let you know of kittens or puppies needing homes. And if you don't have the funds to have your new pet neutered...ask your Vet for the name of local organizations that will help with the cost (some will pay the entire cost.)

I would love to hear the story of your pet...and, a picture would be wonderful too!

No comments:

Post a Comment